Sunday, July 27, 2008

Heather VISITED!







Well as I write this I am kind of sad... Heather came to visit but will be leaving tomorrow. I am trying to work a deal out with her and her family to have her live half way between here and home. :) I don't think that will work out so well for me. LOL!






We have had a blast since she has been here. The first night we stayed up playing games... rumikube and my new favorite game "SPOONS." She taught us how to play this and it was so much fun.






The next day we went to see "Dark Night" with Kyle and then after Kyle's dr appointment we shopped ALL DAY! We tried to go to the Melting Pot to eat... but they were booked up for the night. So we went to the Cheesecake Factory instead.






Friday morning we got up super early to go to the city. Rob and Kyle stayed home bc Kyle did not want to go since we had just been to the city with Stacey and Michael right before he went to VA. Plus I knew that Heather and I would want to stay all day. We got up early and got the addresses to all of the places we wanted to go. Chevy's (mexican rest. that I always go to), FAO Swartz, Toys R US, Dale and Thomas Popcorn... and of course our main agenda was to see a Broadway play. We found out the play only showed at 8PM so we took our time leaving for the city.



We finally made it to the city at about 1230. We were stuck on the George Washington Bridge for about 30 minutes... other than that the traffic was not that bad.



The weather was perfect for a trip to the city. We got to do all that we wanted and more. We sat outside of the Apple store watching people stand in line for HOURS to get an iphone. It was quite comical. We got tickets to The Little Mermaid... and we were on the front row.



While I was changing clothes (since I wore shorts and my NKOTB tshirt) when Heather looked down at our play tickets and realized he sold us tickets for the next day. We quickly went to the play and got in line. Of course the tickets we purchased for the same seats for that night were sold out. BUT they did get us in for that showing. We had to sit in the handicap section which was in the 7th row... but turned out to be great seats. It was a fabulous play and I am so glad we got to go.






Our trip to the city was wonderful! I could not have asked for a better person to go with. Heather and I get a long so well... and it was just a perfect trip!






On the way home we stopped at now our "traditional McDonalds" for dinner. The last time Heather was here we stopped there also with Mack.




Saturday we slept in since we did not get home from the city until about 2am! We finally got our butts up and went to the pool. Rob and I turned beat red while Heather and Kyle were the smart ones and wore sunblock. It still was a great time.




Today we went and played putt putt and to the driving range. Heather really did well once she stopped playing with the kids putter. LOL! She even came back to beat Rob. Yay!


After that we went to dinner at a steak house. It was pretty good.




Now we are just relaxing on the couch... I am so sad to see her go tomorrow morning but she really has shown me everything that true friendship is. XOXO

1 comment:

shay said...

I am jealous of everything...especially Chevy's!! I love that place!!! I hope we will get to come visit sooooonnn!! Love you