Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family reunion

We left Thursday to go to KY to surprise Rob’s parents at his dad’s family reunion. They had no clue we were coming and it was very hard for me to keep it a secret.
We drove about 8 hours Thursday night to Morgantown WV. Home of my sweet sweet Mountaineers! We however could not find a hotel there… well they had ONE room at the Super 8 for 400.00. LOL! Can you imagine?

So we drove to the next town and paid 65.00 for a room. We went right to sleep and got up the next morning to finish our drive to KY…. About four more hours. We spoke to Rob’s parents that morning and they were also on there way. They still had no clue we were coming. We planned it to where we would get there about the same time.

We finally arrived in KY to the location of the reunion. We checked in, but his parents were not there yet. We started unpacking and Rob’s aunt pulled up behind us and said “WHAT are YOU guys doing here????” She was very surprised to see us…but she quickly told Rob to come over to her car…and at that point I knew something was wrong. I kept Kyle busy while Rob’s aunt told him that his mom was in the hospital. Turns out they stopped to use the bathroom at a McD’s and had to call 911. Rob’s mom has some health problems and is on oxygen 24 hours a day. We assumed it was related to that.

We headed down to the place we just checked in to and Rob and his aunt were able to cancel all of our reservations and we headed to Tazwell VA where she was in the hospital. This was about another 2.5 hour drive. We got to the hospital and she was hooked to a ventilator. That is hard to see…. Someone you love hooked to a ventilator L

They told us they thought she had a heart attack and also possibly some kidney failure. We all checked into a motor lodge in the town (the only hotel in the area). The next morning she was airlifted to Roanoke, so we headed that way. It was about another 2 hour drive.

While in VA they did take the ventilator off the next day. That is a good thing. She was looking much better when we left on Monday. It was very hard to leave. I told Rob I am really considering moving and living with them… Kyle could come with me… and I could visit Rob as much as need be. Rob could move to a small apartment and so me not working would not be a burden… I don’t know… just seems like that would be good for his mom… and help his dad out too. I am sure Kathy (Rob’s mom) would say no…. but I think it would be so helpful. And I truly do love his mom and dad. They have done so much for us and I could never repay them for all they have done. Rob is an only child and right now I think they need him. He however can’t leave his job… so it would make most since if the time comes for me to do so.

As of right now I have not had any updates today on her condition. I am sure we will know more tonight.
Keep her and our family in your prayers!

1 comment:

shay said...

I am so so so sorry to hear all that! I am sure that everythign will be fine! You all are in our prayers. XoXo