Well my next post on here was supposed to be about Kyle's first day of fifth grade. I got the camera out Thursday night to upload the pics on to the laptop, but I got really tired so I decided to go to bed. So I left the laptop on the side of the couch along with the camea. Rob and I went to bed around the same time.
I take one of the neighbors kids to school in the morning with Kyle, because his mom and dad both have to be at work early in the mornings. So he comes over at 6:30 am. I got up around 6 and went out of the bedroom around 6:15. I went straight to the computer to check my email and such. Only the laptop was not where I left it. So I went into the office to see if Rob had moved it to the office. It was not there either.... so I went and asked Rob where he moved the laptop too. He said he had not moved it.... so he got up and went to the living room with me... at that point we realized someone had been in our house and taken it.... so I first RAN to Kyle's bedroom to make sure he was ok... he was fast asleep and fine... THANK GOD.
Then Rob and I were standing in the living room and I said... we need to call the cops. Rob said Tracy, it's just a laptop they can't do much about it. Then Rob noticed his keys were missing... so he went outside of the apartment. His Rodeo was gone. He said you need to call 911, my truck is missing. So I run outside and sure enough... it is gone. At the same time that this realization happened, the kid I take to school and his dad showed up. I am hysterical crying and going to get the phone to call 911. I put Josh (the other kid) in Kyle's room with him and call 911. They transfer me to the Green Island police... and they send police over.
The police get there and go over questions... and start asking us what is missing.... and asking us what we heard.... What we heard????????????????? NOTHING! Rob and I were asleep in our bedroom with the door shut and the fan on... Kyle was asleep in his room with the fan on. We heard NOTHING. Then we started noticing other stuff missing... the digital camera, Kyle's DS, the laptop carrier that was in the office DIRECTLY ACROSS from KYLE's room! Ugh, it makes me sick two days later to even write this... knowing someone was creeping around in our apartment with us here.
The cops took prints, but it appears that the person or people had gloves on. It appears they tried to come through our living room window and when that would not work they came through the sliding glass door. They somehow managed the door open (which is not hard on sliding glass doors....
I personally think that they thought no one was home... and then came into the office and saw that Kyle was in his room. As I write that and think about how bad it could have been it makes me sick. For any of you that have been here to visit us... you know our apartments are the nicest in the area... and we are surrounded by dr's and lawyers who live here. This has never happened in this complex... and everyone is in shock not just us.
It is Saturday night as I write this... LAST night we installed some alarms on the doors... and also had the locks on the apartments replaced... the big thing now is my car... with the person or people getting away with his keys they also now know that there is a chevy here that they have the keys too.... so the apartments we live at offer garages you can rent.... they are allowing us to have one now to park my car in as it will cost over 1K to replace the locks on my car. How crazy.
I didn't get a wink of sleep last night and Kyle slept right in between Rob and I. I kept my eyes on the door all night. The few times I did finally zone out... I had the worst nightmares... so staying awake has been the best option.
I can't explain the way I feel... it still is a litte unreal to all of us. We have not heard a word from the cops so, so far no car... or any belonging have been recovered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
UUHHHHH I am so so so sorry that you are having to go throug all of this!! I could not beleive it when you were telling me about it on the phone!! I love you guys-I am so thankful that none of you were harmed!!! XoXo
Post a Comment