
So I can remember in highschool going to the Lorton's house and decorating Christmas ornaments... I actually still have one that I made with Betsy... LOVE the memories. For those of you who don't know... Betsy was my best friend of MANY years... since SECOND grade.... she passed away a few years back from an asthma attack..... With that said, I was reading everyones blogs as I do every other day or so... and came accross Megans Blog titled "Decking the Halls... is cheaper than you think." Well, in this blog she goes on to describe how she decorated clear ornaments by putting a single feather inside of them and tying a ribbon.... well that got me all thinking of all of the glitter and stuff Betsy and I used to decorate our ornaments.... so... here I go out to Michael's to get supplies.... glitter, glue, ornaments, confetti, ribbon, tiny artificial candy canes, fake Christmas lights, little pom poms.... turns out after starting to make them my favorite so far is the simple one with just the white pom poms inside of it and a white ribbon tied to it.... Looks like snow inside of it! LOVE IT!
So... now I have all of these supplies that I spent about 60.00 on and it turns out that the simple non expennsive one is the cutest.... GO FIGURE... decking the halls really is cheaper than you think!
I bought several sets... I think I will make a set for my grandmother and my step mom.... and give them as a gift... a gift from the heart that only cost about $5.00 per person.... if that!
2 comments:
yay!!! love the ornaments and the pictures! super fun..and super cheap..i made lots as gifts and ill be making more!!
Yea I wish I would have started sooner... I think I will go after Christmas and buy the ornaments on sale... then decorate them for next year... Girl I was so excited I opened them in the parking lot of Michaels and started making them! LOL!
Post a Comment