Kyle had spring break last week... and we headed down to VA. Although our trip was cut a little short due to Rob having some deadlines at work.... it was just what I needed. Going home sometimes is so hard because I don't want to come back to NY at times. Don't get me wrong... we have a great life here in NY, but sometimes I get lonely. I have met some really great people... but I don't think it will ever feel like home. Maybe it will!
We have a great time in VA. We headed down Friday night and stayed in PA over night. Then got up Saturday morning for the rest of our journey. When we got to Rob's dads we all helped make fried apple pies... which was nice bc we always made those with Kathy....
Then Steve's new fiance came over with her daughter, her husband and there kids.... we had a great cook out and a good time getting to know them. Although the kids did drive the golf cart THROUGH the doors of the basement, it was still a lot of fun.
Then Saturday night we were off to Heather's for an Allstate party! We had a great time there too! I will say SOME people (no names) had too much to drink but it was a lot of fun taking care of those folks! It was an interesting party to say the least.... if this tells you anything I wound up buying Heather some carpet cleaner for the mess people made on her carpet... and Rob patched a hole in her wall from another party goer! WOW! I tell you Allstaters know how to party! Shew! It was fun meeting the folks from Ireland too!
Then Sunday was Easter... had a pretty relaxed day at Rob's dads....
Sunday night I went out with some OLD friends.... what a great time! I stayed the night with Stacy that night and even got to eat some sausage gravy! YUM!
The rest of our trip was spent with family.... mine and Rob's! Rob, myself, Kyle, Chloee, Steve and Judy actually went bowling which was TONS of fun!
I also took Chloee, Aidan, and Kyle to see the Hannah Montana Movie! I loved it so much, I ran out and got the soundtrack as soon as we got out of the movie!
The only downside to our trip was on the way home we had to take a three hour detour bc of a overturned tractor trailer.... YUCK!
All in all it was a much needed visit of family and friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
im so glad you had fun in VA..and kudos to the comment you left on my blog...we are very lucky women! :)
Post a Comment