Well I have put this blog off as long as possible... but I guess it is time to come face to face with the fact that Kathy (Rob's mom) passed away.
I will take this time to talk about how much she means to me rather than her death.
She was an amazing person that words cannot describe her mental strength. The amount of times she has been in and out of the hospital would shock anyone. But through it all she kept her head up.
When I first met Rob's parents she scared me to death. His dad is the quiet one but she was the one to always make her oppinion known. :) Rob didn't really tell anyone at first who I was. Our relationship happened very fast and I think he didn't want people to know that.... but after a few months when Rob's mom had a chance to see me interact with the family she not only accepted me, she treated me just like a daughter. She even adopted Chloee as one of her own too! There was not a time we came to visit in which Chloee didn't spend the night at Grannie and Grandpas! She taught me how to make fried apple pies.... which was a huge accomplishment for someone who doesn't cook! :) She taught me all about coca cola points and freebies.... I am an addict now!
She was the person who I talked to at least three times a week about any and everything... she knew the good, bad and ugly of Rob and I! I told her everything from about the best of times to the worst.
The best thing is she totally accepted me as a mother to Kyle. That makes me cry as I type it! She told me numerous times how happy she was that Rob found me and that she was more at peace with us moving bc she knew I was here taking care of things. What a compliment!
Upon her death numerous people whom I had never met came up to tell me how much Kathy loved me and how grateful she was to have me as part of the family! Not that Kathy didn't tell me these things, but to hear it from others was overwhelming!
Please keep Steve in your prayers. He was such a great husband to her. He loved her unconditionally and put a whole new standard on "in sickness and health." I urge people before they say those vows to truly mean them!
A couple of positives during this hard time is that I have become much closer to Aunt Mae and Uncle Jim (Gemeni or Jim and I...LOL) and of coure MUCH closer to Steve. The first night he told me he loved me on the phone I cried. He is such a great person!
Kyle, Rob and myself are doing ok. We all have our moments and I just try to stay as positive as possible for them.
WELL.... that is it in a nutshell. GOD BLESS AND REST HER SOUL!
I miss you Kathy!
1 comment:
I know that was so hard for all of you to have to go through. Kathy sounds like she was a wonderful woman! You all are in our prayers. Love you
Post a Comment