So I read a friends blog the other day (thanks Christine) about her "GOD Moment" and I started thinking about all of my GOD moments.... I have had two that stand out to me more than anything in my life.
One changed my life forever. Keep in mind I was baptized when I was only 10 and attended church my entire life... but I never really "felt" God's presence until a few years ago. Although I don't remember the exact date I remember the day above any other! A lot of my friends know about this moment bc it completely changed me. I was very depressed and angry and a "little voice" (which I now know was a BIG voice) was telling me to stop at the grocery store on my way home from work. At the time I didn't get off til 10 at night, so I was like hmmm, I don't know what I need at the store. Turns out the only thing I bought that night at Kroger was a book titled "The Prayer that Changes Everything." I went home and Kati was there and I was so angry at her I didn't even want to see her face... I went to my room and started reading... let's just say I spent the ENTIRE night praying... I prayed for everything and anything in my life. I couldn't stop. The next day, I was in the best mood of my life and looked at everything differently. I accepted things in my life that before I would not have. I figured out that it wasn't just everyone else who had a problem... I had to take blame for my own insecurites and jealousies.... I had placed so much blame on Kati for everything going on.
Well, that was the start of a new beginning. I would feel good about telling people the blessings that GOD would give them. Some people thought I was nuts. I had several friends even tell me NOT to send them "crazy messages" about GOD. But that didn't stop the feeling I had in my heart. I knew the truth....
I even got a Jesus tattoo. I never wanted a tattoo my entire life. It's VERY small. It's on my wrist and I still love it. It's a constant reminder of that feeling that night.
Then the other night I was praying for someone who requested prayers for her family. That led me to start praying for my own health and well being... along with a list a mile long of people. I woke up the next day with the knowledge that everything will be fine. What that means I do not know. It may not appear fine to us. BUT, FAITH will get you through anything. You just have to believe with your heart and soul!
Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."
But people need to also remember that what we think we need and what is best are not always the same thing. COUNT your blessing everyday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tracy this is so true and when you experience this it is a closeness and oneness with God that you never want to lose. Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the update on Sarah, did she say how Travis did in surgery?
Joan A.
He did well from the short message I got from her. I believe they were both traveling to VA together so... he mustbe doing pretty well. I can't imagine being in her shoes right now. A lot ot deal with in a short time!
Yes she has alot on her shoulders. I will keep them all in my prayers and I did start a prayer chain. Prayer is so powerful... JOAN
Post a Comment